25 Life Lessons From Bruce Lee 🦂
1. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
2. If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you.
3. Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
4. The possession of anything begins in the mind.
5. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
6. If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or otherwise - it’ll spread over into the rest of your life and work.
There are no limits, only plateaus - and you must go beyond them.
If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.
7. What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become.
As you think, so shall you become
8. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
9. Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.
10. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.
11. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
12. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
13. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
14. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
15. Be like water making its way through cracks.
Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it.
If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless and shapeless like water.
16. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
17. Never waste energy on worries or negative thoughts, all problems are self inflicted – drop them.
18. You are not in this world to live up to anyone’s expectations and no-one is in this world to live up to yours.
19. Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.
20. To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly.
We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.
21. Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.
22. Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient.
23. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
24. It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
25. The function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.